Positive mental health and wellbeing is central to young people’s healthy development. Good mental health isn’t just the absence of a mental health problem.
Being mentally healthy is much more than being free of depression, anxiety or other psychological issues.
When we talk about positive mental health, we mean:
- feeling happy and positive about oneself and enjoying life
- the ability to deal with life’s challenges and bounce back from adversity
- a sense of meaning and purpose
- self confidence and high self-esteem
- the development of strong and healthy relationships with family and friends
- participation in physical activity and eating a healthy diet
- participation in and contribution to society.
Parenting is very important to the mental health and wellbeing of young people. This section aims to equip parents with information about what you as a parent can do to support and enhance your family’s wellbeing.
Leave a comment