Who visits ReachOut.com and why?
Two important questions, and in March we ran a really short survey to help us answer these questions.
We used a pop-up survey and asked visitors to ReachOut.com the following:
- What age are you?
- What kind of information are you looking for today?
There were 291 responses to the age question. We found that 59% of survey respondents were within our target age range of 12 to 25 years-old. This is similar to previous evaluations we have done.
Reason for visit
There were 172 responses to the question about what information survey respondents were looking for. This question was open ended so people were free to explain in their own words. The wide range of information sought, mirrored the vast range of topics and information on ReachOut.com. Most survey respondents were searching for information that is already on ReachOut.com. This suggests that we are reaching the right people.
Here’s what people were looking for information on:
Mental health problems
- “how to deal with anxiety, stress and the feeling of panic relating to the leaving cert”
- “Info about feeling sad every night
Sex and relationships
- “Information about relationships“
Suicide and self-harm
- “how to talk to youth/teens about self-harm”
Drugs and alcohol
- “Dealing with under age drinking and peer pressure“
- “Why do I have no friends”
- “I need support”
- “plz help”
Help a friend
- “looking to help a friend with low self esteem“
School or college projects
- “What to do when being bullied and how to prevent it for a school project”
We learned a lot from this short survey and in the coming months we hope to run similar surveys to better understand visitors to our site.