Nothing to do with prohibition…
But, everything to do with an evening gathering unique to our time.
We’re not holding parties in a hidden location, rather, one of a series of evening discussions spotlighting our relationship with online technology.
However the evening will kick off with a performance from singer – songwriter Ross Breen.
Presenting Today FM’s Conall O’ Móráin
Your MC for the evening will be the ever-engaging Conall O’ Móráin. He’ll also be holding a panel discussion looking at technology and:
- what it says about who we are
- are we over-exposing ourselves/sharing too much private information?
- can we find meaningful connection with other people online?
- what online behaviour says about our identity.
The selfie, good, bad or ugly?
The ReachOut.com panellists for the evening include:
- Mark Smyth – Senior Clinical Psychologist, Dublin North City & County Child Adolescent Mental Health Services
- Jennifer Ryan – Psychologist & anti – bullying specialist, educational guidance
- Vickey Curtis – theatre maker, writer and spoken word artist who has performed in a series of plays at the International Dublin Gay Theatre festival from 2007 – 2012
- Liam Ryan – co-founder of GetHealth, believes there is a need for a personality to act as a catalyst for getting people engaged in their health.
We’ll be asking questions about the state of our self-esteem in the age of the selfie. Is the internet isolating us? Or, are we making real and positive connections with other people like we never could before?
Ask your own questions – for free
Why not come along and join the discussion, or just sit back and take in the evening?
Tickets are free and can be booked through Smock Alley or email firstname.lastname@example.org.