Cycle Against Suicide’s Student Leaders’ Congress
The congress took place in the RDS in Dublin on Wednesday, 15 January, 2014.
What the day entailed
- An exhibition of mental health and youth services
- A showcase of student project work and school-led initiatives, demonstrating student leadership in action
- A Note to Self – facilitated by ReachOut.com
- Interactive collaborative sessions where students will contribute their ideas and local initiatives to the larger audience
- Streaming of videos from the event on Twitter and Facebook
- A broadcast of the congress by RTÉ 2fm
- High-profile speakers in panel discussions
- Music and entertainment to make the event engaging and memorable.
ReachOut.com spoke in the morning about ReachOut.com, staying mentally healthy and how to be a leader for mental health in your community. All participants of the congress got an opportunity to write a Note to Self postcard.
Some of the schools involved in the congress worked on promoting positive attitudes towards mental health.
- Abbey Community College
- Ardee Community school
- Davis College
- Loreto College, Crumlin
- Loreto Secondary school Balbriggan
- Magh Éne College
- Mercy Mounthawk
- Mercy Secondary School, Ballymahon
- Scoil Uí Mhuirí
- St. Andrew’s
- St Brigid’s Vocational School
- St. Leo’s College
- St Mary’s Holy Faith
- St Raphael’s