Commenting and moderation policy
***Our comments are currently closed.
All comments are moderated before being published on the site. We will attempt to approve comments as quickly as possible.
If you have left a comment and it does not appear in a reasonable time period, and you are confident it has not violated our Comment and moderation policy, please contact us.
How it works
We use Disqus for our commenting facility. You can still comment anonymously even if you have a Disqus profile.
We reserve the right to edit, move or delete comments or other material which:
- is obscene or indecent
- depicts violence
- sexual activity or pornography
- contains instructions in crime or drug use
- includes any medical or legal advice
- includes identifying information about yourself or anyone else
- defames, harasses, menaces, threatens, abuses, offends or embarrasses any person
- does not respect copyright or intellectual property rights
- infringes any of our rights or the rights of any third party including privacy rights
- breaches any laws, regulations, standards or codes as enacted modified or updated from time to time
- impersonates any person or suggests a connection to a group or organisation which is misleading
- promotes external websites
- advocates the use of force or violence towards any person
- encourages, endorses, approves or recommends the performance of dangerous or illegal acts
- contains a virus or other code that has harmful or destructive properties.
Violation of commenting and moderation policy
Anyone who violates this policy may be blocked from making future comments.
While email addresses are required for commenting, they are not published on the site, nor are they shared.
They may be used by ReachOut.com moderating team to privately contact the commenter. The post author may / may not respond to comments and may / may not respond privately to you via email.
All rights reserved: ReachOut.com reserve the right to edit, delete, move, or mark as spam any and all comments. All comments within this site are the responsibility of the commenter, not ReachOut.com.
By submitting a comment to ReachOut.com, you agree that the comment content is your own, and to hold ReachOut.com, and all subsidiaries and representatives harmless from any and all repercussions, damages, or liability.
We will not access, monitor your use of, or disclose content that you post to our site except:
- to investigate possible breaches of the these terms
- if a law requires or authorises the use or disclosure of content that you post to our site
- if disclosure is reasonably necessary to enable an enforcement body to perform its function, including:
- the prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution or punishment of criminal offences
- the preparation for, or conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal, or implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal
- or for use by us or our authorised nominees for internal research purposes (without, however, disclosing your identity or any other personal information that you may post).
Subject to the above and to our privacy statement, ReachOut.com may in our discretion access, monitor and review all other content or material which you submit to the site.
By commenting on ReachOut.com, you grant us permission to use, modify, copy, distribute, transmit, reproduce, publish, display and broadcast that material on this site as well as in any promotional or communication activities of ReachOut.com conducted in Ireland, or overseas.
We may disclose your data and other information to third parties including the Garda Síochána in certain circumstances and your use of this site indicates your consent to this disclosure. Where suicidal intent is expressed on the site, to ensure the safety of a user, we may provide the IP address and email address of a user in accordance with our crisis response guidelines and the Data Protections Acts 1988-2003 to a third party.
From time-to-time, this Comment and moderation policy may be updated, so please make sure to check this page periodically.